Wednesday 15 February 2012

XB3002 - Chosen my Idea

I honestly wasn't sure which idea to choose from these designs. I got really good feedback from my tutor about my three ideas and how they were all very good. However we did cut my choice down to "Homeward Horror" or "Case 023".

Originally I didn't explain the idea of "Case 032" properly, but after some discussion and after my tutor checked the concept documents, the idea came across much better. Therefore after more discussions I realised I wasn't sure which idea I wanted to do at all, I liked all my idea's and didn't choose from the beginning with one good idea and making two poor ideas.

This made it difficult to choose which one I wanted to do, I could think of some great idea's for both games, and I know I could make them both very interesting and stand out. However I could only choose one.

I wish I could do both, but after some more discussions with my tutor and seeing what other people really like the sound of, I think "Homeward Horror" sounds the scariest idea to everyone. The setting and mechanics I planned behind the game have been taken with good interest and apparent sound pretty scary just in concept, so if I bring these to full design it looks promising.

So with choosing the Homeward Horror idea, I've began setting up my three documents.

  • Game Mechanics Document
  • Level Design Document
  • Interactive Design Document
I'm pretty excited about it all, I enjoy writing all this up and getting my idea across, and I can't wait for the level design to kick in, it's going to be fun. Thankfully on target with everything and I just need to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment