Wednesday 12 October 2011

After plenty of discussions with my tutor I'm definitely going to be doing my project on the horror genre within games.

This will go over how the Survival Horror became a recognized genre within the industry and how it has evolved over time. This will require me looking into horror in various aspects of media such as film.

I have already begun listing up a list of games that involve horror right back into the Nintendo Entertainment System, and earlier. Listing these out allows me to look at when these games evolved in terms of timeline, as well as the extra notes I have made about what the game was renown for.

Since I'll actually be writing a report, these are all important aspects for my work, so I'll need a lot of research ensure my thoughts and idea's are backed up as well as ensuring everything is accurate.

Here is a basic Project Plan I'm going to follow:


Project Description:

To write an report about how Horror has evolved within games and where it is likely to be going. This will be achieved by looking at games over history, as well as films and real life influences that have inspired games or ideas for games. What has helped it evolve such as technology, and where it will possibly go in the future.

Project Aims:

The objectives for this project are:
  • To research into where horror started within games, to where it has reached now.
  • To research what reasons have evolved horror within games.
  • To research what has inspired the genre into games.
  • To research real world scary places that people go to see, such as haunted houses or events such as Halloween.

Project Planning:


Research – Dates: 4th October 2011 to 14th November 2011
Researching for the report.
Write the article – Dates: 15th November 2011 to 13th December 2011
                                Writing the report.
Final piece Hand in – Date: 14th December 2011
Ensure it is printed off and ready for hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment